Outreach and Downloads
Please see the News Page for current News items (this page is also linked from the Footer below and from the News Sidebar on the Home Page).
OPTICON FP7 and EU logos
Logos of different sizes and types available for download here for reproduction in all OPTICON documents.
EU Proposals and Contracts
OPTICON FP7 Proposal for Phase Two of the programme can be downloaded here (PDF file)
OPTICON FP7 (Part I) contract "Annex I - Description of Work" (PDF file).
Useful EC Publications
EC advice on communications strategy and principles: the Guide can be found here (PDF file)
The ZIP file with the OPTICON FP7 website template and associated files for you to use as a basis for your activity's web pages (should you so choose) is available here (ZIP file).
The template includes enhanced accessibility: see the menu on the left for our Accessibility Statement. Our Webmaster's email address is included within the statement should you need to contact him directly with any questions.
Press Releases and Articles
OPTICON TNA programme
- IAP Press Release: OPTICON supported observing runs at the Telescopio Nazionale Galileo and Observatoire de Haute-Provence contribute to the discovery of two new exoplanets. See the Press Release.
- TAU Press Release: OPTICON supported observing run at the Observatoire de Haute-Provence contributes to unique extra-solar planet confirmation observation. See the Press Release.
- OPTICON features in EC brochure: Download the EC factsheet on OPTICON here.
- EU Public Service Review: Click here to download the EU Profile on Optical Astronomy for Europe.
- OPTICON pictures published by the European Commission’s audiovisual services: available for viewing and download here: EC weblink for OPTICON pictures
- ESO Press Release on World's fastest and most sensitive astronomical camera: The link to the Press Release on the ESO website is here.
- E-ELT Science Case Read the E-ELT Science Case Summary, "An Expanded View of the Universe – Science with the European Extremely Large Telescope" (PDF file). The ESO E-ELT Science pages are here (link opens new window).
FP7-II 2013-2016 WP Publications
- Dionne M. Haynes, Itandehui Gris-Sanchez, Katjana Ehrlich, Tim A. Birks, Domenico Giannone, Roger Haynes, “New multicore low mode noise scrambling fiber for applications in high-resolution spectroscopy”, Proc. SPIE 9151, paper 195 (2014)
- P. Saffari, T. Allsop, A. Adebayo, D. Webb, R. Haynes, M.M. Roth: Long Period Grating in Multicore Fiber: an Ultra-Sensitive Vector Bending Sensor for Low Curvatures, Optics Letters, accepted for publication (2014)
- Publications USyd / AAO (related to the MCFs produced as part of the project and the next generation OH-Suppression on sky test facility/instrument)
- Emma Lindley, Seong-Sik Min, Sergio Leon-Saval, Nick Cvetojevica, Nemanja Jovanovic, Joss Bland-Hawthorn, Jon Lawrence, Itandehui Gris-Sanchez, Tim Birks, Roger Haynes and Dionne Haynes, “Recent progress in multi-core fiber Bragg gratings”, Proc. SPIE 9151, paper 207, 2014
- Robert Content, Joss Bland-Hawthorn, Simon Ellis, Luke Gers, Roger Haynes, Anthony Horton, Jon Lawrence, Sergio Leon-Saval, Emma Lindley, Seong-Sik Min, Keith Shortridge, Nick Staszac, Pascal Xavier, Ross Zhelen, "PRAXIS: low thermal emission high efficiency OH suppressed fibre spectrograph”, Proc. SPIE 9151, paper 184, 2014
The presentations from the SPIE Workshop on Knowledge Exchange, June 2016, are available to download as a zip file
The presentations from the Additive Manufacturing Workshop, Braid Hills Hotel Edinburgh, January 2016, are available for download here.
The presentations from the February 2013 Delft High-performance Deformable Mirrors for Astronomy Workshop are available here (ZIP file).
The minutes of the Steering Committe Meeting, Edinburgh, September 2013, are available here (PDF).
FP7 2009-2012 WP Publications
WP9 Key Technologies Roadmap: The 2010 roadmap (published in the proceedings of the SPIE).
WP2 AO Detectors: "CMOS Imager for AO with highly parallel readout" (Paper presented at SPIE Amsterdam July 2012)
"Mid-Infrared Volume Phase Gratings Manufactured using Ultrafast Laser Inscription" (PDF): A paper produced in 2013 by the Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK Astronomy Technology Centre with support from STFC and OPTICON (EU-FP7 226604)
The European Telescope Strategy Review Committee (ETSRC) Report: v1 of the ETSRC report submitted to the Astronet Executive in March 2010.